- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
New Frost & Sullivan Report Cites Arbor Networks Leadership In the Expanding Role of Service Providers in DDoS Mitigation
Published: 25-Mar-2015 10:18 am
Publisher: Arbor Networks
BURLINGTON, MA. (March 24, 2015) – Arbor Networks, Inc. has been prominently featured in a new report from Frost & Sullivan titled, The Expanding Role of Service Providers in DDoS Mitigation. The paper, written by Senior Industry Analyst Chris Rodriguez, examines the role, capabilities, and advantages of service providers in the DDoS mitigation process, as well as how this role might develop in the future.
The paper notes that, “DDoS mitigation is a problem not only for enterprise networks but also for service providers that enable their Internet access. DDoS attacks can degrade or cause loss of service, and increase bandwidth consumption in the network. Service providers also play an important factor in the DDoS mitigation process.”
The paper goes on to say, “Arbor Networks provides the vast majority of service provider DDoS mitigation equipment, including to nearly all Tier 1 service providers, powering more than 50 Internet service provider (ISP)-based, managed DDoS mitigation services.”
In fact, because Arbor equipment and services are deployed pervasively across the world’s service provider networks, the company has developed deep expertise in mitigating very large, complex and distributed DDoS attacks including those that leverage reflection/amplification techniques. That expertise was acknowledged by the Communications Security, Reliability and Interoperability Council (CSRIC), a federal advisory committee to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), when they submitted their final report on Remediation of Server-based DDoS Attacks. The report adapted Arbor Networks best practices for DDoS incident response into the Six Phases for DDoS Attack Preparation & Response.
“As Frost & Sullivan recognizes in their new report, no vendor has more experience working with the service provider market in the fight against DDoS attacks,” said Matthew Moynahan Arbor Networks President. “The sheer size of DDoS attacks today is a real threat to even the largest provider network. Our data shows that attack size has risen 4900% in the past decade, topping 400Gbps in 2014. This means DDoS is something that needs to be proactively and vigorously defended against. The good news for providers is that they can use the same solution they protect their own infrastructure with to deliver revenue generating managed security services to their customers.”
About Arbor Networks
Arbor Networks, Inc. helps secure the world’s largest enterprise and service provider networks from DDoS attacks and advanced threats. Arbor is the world’s leading provider of DDoS protection in the enterprise, carrier and mobile market segments, according to Infonetics Research. Arbor’s advanced threat solutions deliver comprehensive network visibility through a combination of packet capture and NetFlow technology, enabling the rapid detection and mitigation of malware and malicious insiders. Arbor also delivers market-leading analytics for dynamic incident response, historical analysis, visualization and forensics. Arbor strives to be a “force multiplier,” making network and security teams the experts. Our goal is to provide a richer picture into networks and more security context - so customers can solve problems faster and help reduce the risk to their business.
Phone: +82 2 2076 6443
Fax: +82 2 2076 6971
Phone: +49 351 79658 19
Fax: +49 351 79658 29
Other releases of publisher
- 23.07.2015 09:10Arbor Networks’ ATLAS Data Shows the Average DDoS Attack Size Increasing
- 01.07.2015 08:20Arbor Networks Secures Three New Patents for DDoS Detection & Mitigation
- 11.06.2015 11:03Infonetics Research Report Identifies Arbor Networks as World Leader in DDoS Prevention in Carrier, Enterprise and Mobile Markets