- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Home » Releases » Business / economics » Etisalat inks deal with Ajman Free Zone Authority at GITEX 2014
Etisalat inks deal with Ajman Free Zone Authority at GITEX 2014
Published: 14-Oct-2014 12:41 pm
Dubai, 14 October 2014
The strategic partnership falls in line with the UAE's goal to become a leading business hub. It will make it convenient and easy for businesses to set up in the UAE.
Etisalat announced today its strategic partnership with Ajman Free Zone on the sidelines of GITEX Technology Week 2014, to provide an improved telecom and ICT service experience to customers of Ajman Free Zone Authority (AFZA).
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by Etisalat's Senior Vice President of Small and Medium Businesses, John Lincoln, and H.E. Mahmoud Khalil Al Hashimi, General Manager of Ajman Free Zone Authority.
The strategic partnership falls in line with the UAE's goal to become a leading business hub. It will make it convenient and easy for businesses to set up in the UAE. Importantly, it will enable business connectivity, and increase competitiveness of small and medium sized businesses, helping place UAE high on the IT readiness and competitiveness index.
"Small and medium businesses, especially startups fuel the economic engine of a nation. Etisalat is the ideal partner of choice for this segment in the UAE and we are committed to making the telecom and ICT connectivity a seamless experience for our business customers. We are particularly excited about our deal with Ajman Free Zone. It gives us the opportunity to join hands with them to cater to investor and business needs of reachability, transparency and value for money. It lets us target this segment better and help it grow by making our technology work for these businesses," said Salvador Anglada, Chief Business Officer at Etisalat.
As part of the agreement, Etisalat will cater to business customers who are also investors in AFZA, by developing exclusive promotions and packages based on specific needs of the businesses. Etisalat kiosks will be set up at AFZA for addresses business requirements.
"Etisalat has been a long standing partner of Ajman Free Zone Authority, cooperating over several previous initiatives", said H.E. Al Hashimi. "We are excited to extend this partnership to have Etisalat provide us the most advanced ICT service that will enable effective flow of information and top-class services to our investors."
H.E. Al Hashimi added, "The partnership reinforces our commitment towards investing in advanced technologies and services for us to enhance our systems and improve efficiencies that allow us to provide quality services for our investors. It helps position Ajman Free Zone as one of the best, most well-managed free zone facilities for businesses to set up shop."
"We seek to create jobs and develop programs aimed at attracting capital and investments. We are experiencing exponential growth and attracting a large number of production companies as well as commercial service companies. Having implemented a dynamic development plan and an investment-friendly marketing policy, it is our strategy to join hands with leading partners that help us advance the Emirate's small and medium business sector, contributing to its future economic growth," H.E. Al Hashimi concluded.
Press release issued by Corporate Communication Department - Etisalat
For further media information:
Iyad Al Zou'bi,
Corporate Communications - Etisalat
Tel +971 2 6182622,
Mobile +971 50 6123568
Other releases of publisher
Search from category
Newest of the category
- 20.06.2017 08:30Doing business in the EU? – The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to you as well
- 13.06.2017 15:08China Construction Bank rings bell to celebrate listing a 1.2 billion USD bond on Nasdaq Dubai
- 24.05.2017 15:01GE Oil & Gas awarded contract by Lucart for installation of new NovaLT12 Gas Turbine in Italy