- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Etihad Cargo recognised with top industry award in Asia
Published: 28-Oct-2014 04:16 pm
Publisher: Etihad Airways
Etihad Cargo, the freight division of United Arab Emirates’ flag carrier Etihad Airways, has been awarded ‘Rising Star Carrier of the Year’ by Payload Asia magazine at its annual cargo industry awards ceremony held in Singapore.
Voted by the freight forwarding community, the award recognises the extraordinary commitment Etihad Cargo has made to the Asian cargo market over the last year. This includes its continued investment in the opening of new routes, enhancements to service performance, and the strengthening of its relationship with key partners and customers.
Kevin Knight, Etihad Airways Chief Strategy and Planning Officer, said: “I am delighted to receive this award on behalf of Etihad Cargo in recognition of our commitment and success in working closely with our partners and customers in Asia, ensuring they have access to a flexible operation and an innovative portfolio of products and services that meet their requirements.
“We have seen strong growth in cargo volumes over the last year, and particularly to and from Asia as we continue to leverage the strategic location of our hub in Abu Dhabi to link Asia with the mature markets and emerging economies around the world.”
Etihad Cargo’s freight business in Asia is growing, and earlier this year, the airline increased belly hold capacity to Chengdu and launched a new twice-weekly freighter service to Hanoi to meet growing demand. To-date, the carrier has carried more than 197,466 tons of freight to and from Asia, up 26 per cent on the same period in 2013.
Etihad Cargo currently operates a fleet of 10 dedicated cargo aircraft that fly on scheduled services to 25 of the airline’s passenger destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa. The airline also operates to 12 freighter-only destinations that include: Chittagong, Djibouti, Dubai World Central, Eldoret, Guangzhou, Hanoi, Houston, Kabul, Miami, Quito, Sharjah and Viracopos.
Other releases of publisher
Search from category
Newest of the category
- 20.06.2017 08:30Doing business in the EU? – The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to you as well
- 13.06.2017 15:08China Construction Bank rings bell to celebrate listing a 1.2 billion USD bond on Nasdaq Dubai
- 24.05.2017 15:01GE Oil & Gas awarded contract by Lucart for installation of new NovaLT12 Gas Turbine in Italy