- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Home » Releases » Advertising » The National celebrates its 6th anniversary by showcasing its top 40 photographs
The National celebrates its 6th anniversary by showcasing its top 40 photographs
Published: 18-May-2014 10:10 am
Publisher: The National Newspaper
The National, Abu Dhabi Media’s leading English-language daily newspaper, is celebrating its sixth anniversary since its launch in April 2008.
Since inception, The National Newspaper aims to set the highest standards in English journalism across the Middle East by providing unique content, in-depth analysis and behind-the-scenes reporting, reaching the public in the UAE and the region. The newspaper has also become a reliable source for many major newspapers around the world.
The National will be celebrating its anniversary by hosting a photo exhibition at the Eastern Mangroves Hotel in Abu Dhabi, showcasing the 40 best images taken by The National’s photographers over the past six years. The National has also published a special one-off ‘collector’s edition’ supplement in today’s papers that showcases stunning photos, graphics, illustrations that have captured the imagination of readers since the first edition of the paper was published in 2008.
Commenting on the celebration, Mohamed Al Otaiba, Editor-in-Chief of The National, said: “The National’s anniversary celebration is an opportunity to interact and engage directly with our audiences across the UAE and the region. Their support is essential to our success as a newspaper and today reaffirm our ongoing commitment to deliver content and news with the highest standards of English language journalism in the region."
“This year, our team has chosen to celebrate in a very unique and innovative way.
A special visual supplement is published in today’s newspaper that showcases the change the media industry has witnessed. Visuals are an important part of reporting news and this ‘collector’s edition’ reflects The National’s success in keeping pace with this evolution. Today, the diverse collection of images taken by The National’s photographers’ at the most prominent events in the UAE, now exceed over 400,000 images.”
For words to accompany the images, please visit www.thenational.ae or use the QR application on your mobile to scan codes found on today’s newspaper.
The National is the first English newspaper owned and operated by Abu Dhabi Media, one of the fastest growing, multi-platform media and entertainment organisations in the Middle East. Having evolved significantly since its launch, The National now features a variety of new sections. A new arts section highlights local and international artists, and showcases the myriad of art galleries across the Emirates. Today, The National is committed to engaging audiences via digital media, and to directly interact with readers through its diverse social media platforms.
Other releases of publisher
Search from category
Newest of the category
- 19.06.2017 14:23Yanbu Technical Institute joins hands with GE Oil & Gas to strengthen technical skills of Saudi youth
- 20.06.2017 08:30Doing business in the EU? – The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to you as well
- 16.06.2017 11:15JUMEIRAH CELEBRATES WORLD SEA TURTLE DAY BY REHABILITATING 40 TURTLES TO THE ARABIAN GULF