- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Cheil UK double success for Samsung Electronics UK campaigns at POPAI Awards
Published: 20-Oct-2014 11:41 am
Publisher: Arbor Networks
Cheil UK is celebrating after taking home two silver prizes at the POPAI Awards 2014 ceremony held in London last night.
The agency picked up two awards in the following categories:
1. Best Shop (Silver) in Shop for Samsung Electronics UK, New Malden Experience Zone
2. Best Sort Run (Silver) - under 50 units - Permanent Display for Samsung Electronics UK, EcoBubble Washing Machine Showcase
The domestic appliances category is hugely competitive, particularly when it comes to instore space, so drawing attention to a specific product can be difficult. This was the challenge presented to Cheil UK by Samsung Electronics UK: to deliver cut-through for its EcoBubble Washing Machine. Cheil UK met the brief by developing an in-run showcase unit for 48 of Curry’s best stores nationwide, including 10 VIP locations within the M25.
Samsung research identified that washing machines are often overlooked in-run as they appear simply as an arrow of white boxes. Cheil UK’ s design took both of these facts into account and allowed for the product to be elevated off the ground and displayed at an eye-catching seven-degree angle to cause visual disruption. A brushed stainless steel wedge-shaped plinth at the base of the unit with a low profile meant staff could easily remove and replace product.
Since the installations were made, Samsung’s share of market has increased significantly and has seen weekly sales rise by a double figure percentage.
Cheil UK created the Samsung Experience Zone within Curry’s best performing store, New Malden to showcase and bring to life the very best Samsung products while demonstrating the depth of product the brand offers across mobile, tablet, digital imaging and domestic appliances.
Clear zoning through lighting, flooring material and distinct wall textures created a natural customer journey through the site from the initial ‘discovery’ area front of store through the ‘latest technology’ product launching area and into the ‘smart home’ zone which showcased the connected possibilities of Samsungs domestic appliances.
The installation led to a significant increase in footfall, conversion, market share, average transactional value and rate of attachment sales, delivering an extremely strong return on investment.
Pete Martin, Managing Partner, UK Head of RX [retail experience] at Cheil UK, said: “2014 has been a great year for Cheil in the Creative awards circuit. The mix of wins from the CLIOs, MAA Awards and now POPAI demonstrate the breadth and depth of creative thinking that inhabits the agency. POPAI recognise the very best in retail design and permanent POP, so it’s a real honour to have our work chosen as some of the best examples in this field. The wins reflect the genuine ability of our team to create and execute strategic solutions that are both agile and relevant.
“On both campaigns we were lucky enough to work with great production and installation partners, so a big thanks to WSG for partnering on New Malden Experience Zone and CDS Group on the EcoBubble showcase.”
About Arbor Networks
Arbor Networks, Inc. helps secure the world’s largest enterprise and service provider networks from DDoS attacks and advanced threats. Arbor is the world’s leading provider of DDoS protection in the enterprise, carrier and mobile market segments, according to Infonetics Research. Arbor’s advanced threat solutions deliver comprehensive network visibility through a combination of packet capture and NetFlow technology, enabling the rapid detection and mitigation of malware and malicious insiders. Arbor also delivers market-leading analytics for dynamic incident response, historical analysis, visualization and forensics. Arbor strives to be a “force multiplier,” making network and security teams the experts. Our goal is to provide a richer picture into networks and more security context - so customers can solve problems faster and help reduce the risk to their business.
Phone: +82 2 2076 6443
Fax: +82 2 2076 6971
Phone: +49 351 79658 19
Fax: +49 351 79658 29
Other releases of publisher
- 23.07.2015 09:10Arbor Networks’ ATLAS Data Shows the Average DDoS Attack Size Increasing
- 01.07.2015 08:20Arbor Networks Secures Three New Patents for DDoS Detection & Mitigation
- 11.06.2015 11:03Infonetics Research Report Identifies Arbor Networks as World Leader in DDoS Prevention in Carrier, Enterprise and Mobile Markets