- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Cheil Worldwide to invest in iris
Published: 28-Nov-2014 01:46 pm
Publisher: Cheil Worldwide
· Following its strongest four years to date, iris is to join the Cheil family of marketing solutions companies
· The two companies to remain separate entities, sharing an ambition to create a new age alternative to the traditional holding company model
Cheil Worldwide, the marketing solutions company based in Seoul, today announces it has signed a deal to acquire a significant initial investment in iris, the global creative innovation network. The deal will potentially rise to 100% of the business over the next five years.
Cheil’s initial investment in iris will be the start of a new partnership that will enable the two companies to extend and deepen their global capabilities in creativity, strategy, retail, digital, data, analytics, B2B and CRM, while offering clients the most progressive work available in the world today.
The partnership begins with a shared vision to create a genuine alternative to the traditional holding company model. This will replace the relationship iris had with Meredith, the US based publisher.
Since its launch in 1999, iris has been an independently minded, entrepreneurial business; with a determination to do things differently. As part of Cheil’s family, iris will be able to continue on this journey, whilst accelerating growth through strategic backing from Cheil.
Daiki Lim, President and CEO of Cheil Worldwide, said: “Our goal was to find the right partner who could match our determination and drive. We've watched with awe how iris has built its global business and we are delighted to have this opportunity to work with their brand. Their membership in the Cheil Worldwide network will bring great value and agility to us and to our clients.
“Together with iris, we will provide a different level of service that is able to achieve amazing new creativity and offer best-in-class capabilities. This relationship is a key catalyst in our ambition to be the best possible partner to our clients to deliver 'Ideas That Move'.”
Ian Millner, joint chief executive at iris, added: “We are about to enter the most exciting chapter for iris. This partnership won’t change who we are or what we do as a creative innovation network – but will extend our global reach and capabilities, and enable our clients and people to benefit from the huge opportunity presented by a true ‘East Meets West’ and ‘West Meets East’ network.
Over the past 16 years we have retained an entrepreneurial spirit that is engrained in our DNA. In looking for the next step forwards we have found a partner that matches our ambition. Together we will become a real force to be reckoned with, the type of agency group that will define the future of the agency model.”
Cheil is one of the world’s leading marketing solutions agencies with a 5,000-strong group of optimistic, open-minded and talented individuals operating from 48 offices and eight affiliates in 41 countries globally.
iris, over the past 16 years, has grown into a 1,000-strong global organisation, with 17 offices around the world, based on providing an alternative solution to the traditional advertising agency; blending content, creativity and commerce seamlessly around client and consumer challenges.
Cheil was advised by Results International and Linklaters, iris was advised by Osborne Clarke and BDO.
About Cheil Worldwide
Cheil Worldwide Inc. is South Korea’s largest and one of the leading global marketing solutions companies. Cheil's creativity is world renowned, as the network is highly awarded by international festivals including Cannes Lions, CLIO, Spikes Asia, Dubai Lynx, AdFest, Effie Awards and China International Advertising Festival. The network enjoyed a stellar performance at the 2013 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, winning 21 Lions including the Innovation Grand Prix, Titanium and four Golds. Discover more at www.cheil.com