- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
JustKidding® – One Journey at a time
Published: 08-Oct-2015 08:37 am
Publisher: Just Kidding
DUBAI, UAE, 8th October 2015
As part of their “one journey at a time” strategy, JustKidding® has joined forces with the RTA, Trading Enterprises - Volvo and RoadSafetyUAE.com to promote the use of car seats, with a “car seat clinic” event to be held at the JustKidding® Safa store on Sheikh Zayed Road on October 22nd.
The JustKidding® team of experts will be on hand to check existing car seats, regardless of where they were purchased, Volvo the RTA and RoadSafety UAE will offer educational information, and there will be fun for all the family in the form of refreshments, goody bags, face painting and balloon bending, also one lucky couple will win a group 0 car seat!
JustKidding® has long been closely involved in working on projects for car safety products for babies and children in the Middle East.
The statistics speak for themselves. Traffic accidents are the UAE’s Number One Infant Killer, with more than 62% of infant mortality caused by some form of accident involving a car. This is not surprising, when apparently only 2% of infants in the UAE are actually retrained in a proper car safety seat. Scientific research, supported by independent testing, shows, that using a car seat properly reduce the risk of fatal injuries by 71%.
Creating awareness to ensure that babies and infants only travel by car when restrained in a car seat is the obvious way forward.
Lucy Holmes Marketing Manager, JustKidding® commented:
“We are all responsible for the health, safety and wellbeing of our children. Working with RoadSafetyUAE.com we are thrilled to be collaborating with the RTA and Trading Enterprises - Volvo as part of our ongoing ‘One Journey at a time’ programme and the car seat clinic will be the launch of our project. As a car seat stockist JustKidding® truly understands the need, benefit and purpose of car safety education and adoption for children, and events like our car seat clinics will help to further promote this cause.”
Thomas Edelmann, Founder of RoadSafetyUAE:
"Providing the proper car safety equipment for children and to educate them as early as possible in their lives about road safety is vital, since we have to protect them when they are young and to nurture the 'next generation' of responsible road traffic participants when they grow up."
Peter Mellor, Head of Marketing at Trading Enterprises said
“We are extremely proud to be associated with the car seat clinic. Volvo has always been at the forefront of child safety with the introduction of many firsts including the world’s first rear-facing child seat back in 1972, child booster seats in 1976, an integrated child booster seat in 1990 and the two stage integrated child booster seats in 2007. Road accidents are one of the leading causes of injuries and even death among children in the UAE and it is our responsibility to spread the message on the importance and correct use of car seats.”
Deema Hussein, Traffic Awareness Senior Manager, Traffic Dept at the Traffic & Roads Agency
“The RTA has been designing awareness programs targeting different age brackets in Dubai, and launched the Child Safety Program in cooperation with the department of health oriented to newly delivering mothers focusing on educating them about the importance of car seats since 2009. We’ve also spread awareness in government clinics by holding monthly educative workshops targeting parents about choosing the right child seat and installing it for their children.
We cherish and encourage the participation of private sectors to take part in spreading safety awareness since road safety is the responsibility of all.”
- JustKidding® is a trademark of Dubai-based JustKidding® General Trading (LLC). Fresh, unusual and captivating, Award-winning JustKidding® is an exciting retail store concept for modern, predominantly first-time parents. It introduces a comprehensive range of internationally acclaimed, high quality, high-end products for newborns, young children and pregnant mothers. The products range from furniture and interior design elements to tech smart, stylish strollers and ultra safe car seats and from hip fashion labels to the ultimate in baby care. JustKidding® is supported by a team of skilled sales consultants and expert parents. All colleagues have detailed product and practical knowledge. JustKidding® prides itself in being the parenting expert in its community.
About Trading Enterprises
- Established in 1971, Trading Enterprises owns the sole distribution rights for Volvo, Chrysler, Dodge and RAM in the UAE. The Al-Futtaim Group Company also holds exclusive distribution rights for Jeep in Dubai, Sharjah and the Northern Emirates.
- Our Vision is to contribute to reducing the number of road traffic fatalities, road traffic injuries and road traffic accidents in the UAE … we want to ‘make a change’!
- Our Mission is to raise the UAE’s traffic participants’ awareness for proper conduct on our roads, on a broadly communicated and permanent basis. We want to be – in a constructive manner – a communication, improvement and knowledge platform.
- RoadSafetyUAE engages with road traffic participants, governmental authorities, the media and CSR-minded corporations (Corporate Social Responsibility). Our content backbone is ‘tips&tricks’ within more than 50 topics of road safety, specifically relevant to the UAE.
- We communicate our content via media (digital and classical), the communication channels of our CSR-minded corporate supporters and events. RoadSafetyUAE is proud to be already supported by more than 30 governmental entities and CSR-minded corporations from various segments and industries