- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
SanDisk Announces Second Quarter 2015 Results
Published: 24-Jul-2015 10:45 am
MILPITAS, Calif., July 22, 2015 - SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash storage solutions, today announced results for the second quarter ended June 28, 2015. Second quarter revenue of $1.24 billion decreased 24 percent on a year-over-year basis and decreased 7 percent sequentially.
On a GAAP(1) basis, second quarter net income was $81 million, or $0.38 per share, compared to net income of $274 million, or $1.14 per share, in the second quarter of 2014 and $39 million, or $0.17 per share, in the first quarter of 2015.
On a non-GAAP(2)(3) basis, second quarter net income was $136 million, or $0.66 per share, compared to net income of $329 million, or $1.41 per share, in the second quarter of 2014 and net income of $134 million, or $0.62 per share, in the first quarter of 2015. For a reconciliation of non-GAAP to GAAP results, see accompanying financial tables and footnotes.
“During the second quarter, we strengthened our portfolio with several new product launches in both the retail and commercial channels,” said Sanjay Mehrotra, president and chief executive officer, SanDisk. “We are making steady progress on all operational fronts, and remain focused on enhancing our financial performance.”
KEY FINANCIAL RESULTS
OTHER FINANCIAL INFORMATION
SanDisk announced the availability of its new Fusion ioMemoryTM PCIe application accelerators which utilize SanDisk NAND and dramatically improve performance compared to the previous generation ioDrive®2, enabling datacenter consolidation and lower total cost of ownership. These application accelerators also feature updated Virtual Storage Layer (VSL) data access acceleration software.
SanDisk announced its new CloudSpeed EcoTM Gen. II enterprise SATA SSD for cloud service providers, with up to 2TB* capacity, based on 15 nanometer NAND flash. The CloudSpeed Eco Gen. II delivers greater storage density with three times the streaming bandwidth versus hard disk drives (HDDs).
SanDisk announced the SanDisk Extreme® 500 and the SanDisk Extreme® 900 families of high- performance portable SSDs at capacities up to 480GB and 1.92TB respectively. These SSDs feature significantly faster transfer speeds than a portable hard drive.
SanDisk introduced the new SanDisk Z400s SSD, a cost-effective 15 nanometer-based SSD designed to replace HDDs in computing platforms and embedded applications, such as digital signage, security surveillance, and point of sale or kiosk environments.
SanDisk announced today a third quarter 2015 dividend of $0.30 per share of common stock, payable on August 25, 2015 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on August 3, 2015.
SanDisk’s second quarter 2015 conference call is scheduled for today at 2:00 P.M., Pacific Time, Wednesday, July 22, 2015. The conference call will be on live webcast and can be accessed from SanDisk’s investor relations website at www.sandisk.com/IR. To dial into the live call, please dial 719- 325-4800 and provide the password 3235993. Participants are encouraged to dial in at least 10 minutes before the call commences. Supplemental information and slides that accompany the web broadcast will be available on the SanDisk’s investor relations website at www.sandisk.com/IR after the prepared remarks. A copy of this press release will be furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission on a current report on Form 8-K and will be posted to SanDisk’s website prior to the conference call.
SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company, is a global leader in flash storage solutions. For more than 25 years, SanDisk has expanded the possibilities of storage, providing trusted and innovative products that have transformed the electronics industry. Today, SanDisk’s quality, state-of-the-art solutions are at the heart of many of the world's largest data centers, and embedded in advanced smart phones, tablets and PCs. SanDisk’s consumer products are available at hundreds of thousands of retail stores worldwide. For more information, visit www.sandisk.com.
Other releases of publisher
- 04.08.2015 10:08SanDisk Announces World’s First 256 Gigabit 3-bit-per-cell (X3) 48-layer 3D NAND Chip; Operations Begin for 3D NAND Pilot Line
- 24.07.2015 10:45SanDisk Announces Second Quarter 2015 Results
- 14.07.2015 09:53SanDisk Ships its Two Billionth microSD™ card as Technology Marks 10-year Anniversary