- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) rings market bell to celebrate listing of a 500 million dollar bond on Nasdaq Dubai
Published: 08-Jun-2015 12:27 pm
Publisher: Nasdaq Dubai
- Listing by world’s largest bank underlines Dubai’s successful growth as a global financial centre
- Bond supports expansion of ICBC’s activities in Middle East and beyond
Zhou Xiaodong, General Manager of the Dubai (DIFC) Branch of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China(ICBC), the world’s largest bank by assets,today rang the market-opening bell to celebrate the listing of a 500 million US dollar bond on Nasdaq Dubai.
The listing, the first ever by ICBC in the Middle East, underlines Dubai’s successful growth as a global financial centre. As the international exchange serving the region, Nasdaq Dubai provides an excellent listing venue for Chinese businesses that are active in the region and beyond.
The bell ceremony took place in the presence of His Excellency Essa Kazim, Governor of Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)and Chairman of Dubai Financial Market (DFM); Abdul Wahed Al Fahim, Chairman of Nasdaq Dubai; and Hamed Ali, Chief Executive of Nasdaq Dubai.
Zhou Xiaodong, General Manager of ICBC, Dubai (DIFC) Branch, said: “Our listing on Dubai’s international financial exchange promotes the global visibility of our bond, which received strong interest from investors in the region as well as Asia and Europe. Our decision to raise capital in the Middle East underlines our growing commitment to the region as we expand our operations and further strengthen our commercial links with a growing number of business participants.”
His Excellency Essa Kazim, Governor of DIFC and Chairman of DFM, said: “Dubai’s growing capital markets links with China underline the Emirate’s role as a successful international financial centre that attracts participation from around the world. This substantial listing by ICBC reinforces the expanding role
of Dubai as a centre for activity by Chinese companies, supporting the valuable contribution that they are making to international economic development and wealth creation.”
The total nominal value of all conventional bonds listed on Dubai’s exchanges has reached 11.32 billion US dollars, the largest total of any exchange in the region.
Abdul Wahed Al Fahim, Chairman of Nasdaq Dubai, said: “The exchange is committed to further strengthening the capital markets connections between our region and Asia as well as the rest of the world. Nasdaq Dubai’s close links with international and regional investors, combined with our first class regulation and infrastructure, provide excellent opportunities for all market participants.”
Hamed Ali, Chief Executive of Nasdaq Dubai, said: “Nasdaq Dubai looks forward to welcoming further listings from China in a range of asset classes as we respond to the increasing interest in our market being shown by potential issuers. The exchange is well placed to support the rapidly growing activities of a range of Chinese businesses active in diverse industry sectors.”
The listing of ICBC’s 500 million US dollar bond on Nasdaq Dubai took place on May 27, 2015.
ABOUT NASDAQ DUBAI
Nasdaq Dubai is the international financial exchange in the Middle East. It allows companies to benefit from a unique investor pool that combines regional and international wealth, making it a globally unique platform for companies to raise money and for investors to find exciting opportunities.