- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Arbor Networks Showcases Traffic-Centric Approach to Network Security at GISEC 2014
Published: 11-Jun-2014 09:38 am
Publisher: Arbor Networks
Arbor Networks, Inc., a leading provider of DDoS and advanced threat protection solutions for enterprise and service provider networks,is participating at Gulf Information Security Expo & Conference (GISEC) 2014, the regions premier security event, taking place at Dubai World Trade Centre from 9-11 June.
The security vendor is using the event to educate regional enterprises on how they can enable their IT and security teams to see, understand and stop DDoS and network-based advanced targeted attacks before they impact business, using a unique combination of external and internal traffic intelligence with threat mitigation that is enhanced by powerful security analytics, incident response and forensics.
The size, frequency and complexity of Distributed Denial of Services (DDoS) attacks is increasing rapidly in the Middle East. According to figures from Arbor’s ATLAS network, in the region by the end of 2013, the average attack size was 2.8 Gbps, higher than the global average of 2.3 Gbps. Arbor is highlighting itsPeakflow® platform which is the industry’s leading network-wide infrastructure security and traffic-monitoring platform delivering unparalleled DDoS protection. It is also demonstrating its Pravail® product portfolio that has three areas of focus: external protection from DDoS attacks; internal network visibility and threat detection; and security analytics.
“DDoS is a very high profile attack in that it is about denying service, or availability, of websites, applications and services. When the website is down, everyone knows it, from employees to customers to competitors. The consequences of being a victim to a DDoS can have a cascading effect, from lost revenue, to higher costs to attract and retain customers to overall brand damage. What companies are learning is that DDoS has become highly complex, multi-vector attacks that target not just connection bandwith with high volumes of traffic, but existing infrastructure and applications with low and slow attacks that are difficult to detect. What’s required today is multi-layered solutions of the type Arbor provides that can address all types of attacks,” says Mahmoud Samy, Regional Director, Middle East,Russia,CIS at Arbor Networks.
Since the beginning of the Internet, enterprises have been defending networks with new categories of solutions, for different points in the network, from AV for viruses and worms to IDS/IPS for known vulnerabilities, to today’s sandbox for malware payload analysis. The obvious problem is that threats evolve, continuously.
“We believe security solutions must be coordinated to mitigate attacks before they reach a customer’s network whenever possible, and then quickly identify and stop threats once they have made it past an increasingly porous perimeter. Leveraging our unique customer footprint and experience working with the world’s most demanding network operators, Arbor has developed an enduring solution for the threats of today and tomorrow. Our enterprise solutions provide multiple opportunities to identify and stop DDoS and advanced targeted attacks. We do this not by focusing on specific threats or points in the network, but on networks themselves. No matter how much the threats and attackers have changed, security still comes down to understanding network traffic,” continues Mahmoud.
Arbor Networks is featuring its DDoS detection and mitigation solutions at stand number GP-15 in Sheikh Maktoum Hall at GISEC.
Other releases of publisher
- 23.07.2015 09:10Arbor Networks’ ATLAS Data Shows the Average DDoS Attack Size Increasing
- 01.07.2015 08:20Arbor Networks Secures Three New Patents for DDoS Detection & Mitigation
- 11.06.2015 11:03Infonetics Research Report Identifies Arbor Networks as World Leader in DDoS Prevention in Carrier, Enterprise and Mobile Markets