- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Home » Releases » Business / economics » Schneider Electric launches Go Green in the City 2015, the 5th edition of its international challenge for students
Schneider Electric launches Go Green in the City 2015, the 5th edition of its international challenge for students
Published: 20-Nov-2014 12:28 pm
Publisher: Schneider Electric
Rueil-Malmaison (France), November 20th 2014 – Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management, launched on November 15, the fifth edition of Go Green in the City, a global business case challenge focusing on innovative energy solutions for smart cities.
From November 15th 2014, to March 1st 2015, business and engineering bachelor, master or MBA students from all over the world are welcome to join the challenge. In teams of two, with at least one woman, they will have to submit a case study illustrating their ideas for innovative energy management solutions for one of the five basic urban sectors: residential, university, business, water and hospitals. In the 2014 edition, the team from Hong Kong University won the challenge for its idea EnerBy, a mobile application that helps users to analyze and manage domestic energy consumption¹.
In addition to completing the case challenge, participants can expand their Go Green in the City experience by engaging in gamified elements and discovering resources that provide useful insight into developing winning business case solutions. Keeping in tradition with last years’ process, participants can also compete with quiz scores and social media votes for the Go Green Champs Award and Social Media Award respectively and win the opportunity to interact with Schneider Electric employees and previous year winners.
Over the last four years, the topic of energy management in smart cities has received increasing attention from students around the world. Attracting more than 12,000 registered participants from 159 countries during last year’s edition, Go Green in the City aims to educate young generations and build awareness about the need for smart energy management for sustainable cities. 1,800+ pre-registered
participants from over 80 countries have already shown their interest to participate in 2015’s challenge.
“This increasing participation in the challenge confirmed the strong involvement and interest of young students to find global solutions and face the current energy challenge,” said Olivier Blum, Chief Human Resources Officer, Schneider Electric. “We are proud with Go Green in the City to enable the young workforce to generate new ideas and solutions that will make our cities more sustainable.”
The top 100 teams will be announced on February 1st 2015 and will have a month to work with a mentor from Schneider Electric, in order to create a synopsis and a video presentation of their idea. The 12 best teams will then be flown to Paris (France) from June 22nd to 25th, 2015 to compete in the final. The winning team will travel the world, VIP-style, with Schneider Electric, visiting facilities, networking with employees and high-level management. They will also be offered jobs with Schneider Electric in their home countries.
About Schneider Electric
A global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and the Residential sector. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group’s 150,000-plus employees achieved sales of 24 billion euros in 2013, through an active commitment to helping individuals and organisations make the most of their energy.
|Phone: +33 (0) 1 41 32 81 12||Phone: +33 (0)1 41 29 70 76||Phone: +33 (0)3 88 71 48 56|
Other releases of publisher
- 28.11.2014 13:28Schneider Electric launches Go Green in the City 2015, the 5th edition of its international challenge for students
- 11.11.2014 19:10Eiffage-led consortium including Schneider Electric and Krinner wins a contract for the design, construction, operation and maintenance of Europe s largest photovoltaic power project, worth €285 million
- 10.06.2014 13:10Schneider Electric Announces Availability of Prefabricated Data Centres up to 2MW
Search from category
Newest of the category
- 20.06.2017 08:30Doing business in the EU? – The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to you as well
- 13.06.2017 15:08China Construction Bank rings bell to celebrate listing a 1.2 billion USD bond on Nasdaq Dubai
- 24.05.2017 15:01GE Oil & Gas awarded contract by Lucart for installation of new NovaLT12 Gas Turbine in Italy