- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
SAS and Etihad Airways announce codeshare plans
Published: 27-Nov-2014 04:05 pm
Publisher: Etihad Airways
SAS, Scandinavia's leading airline, and Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, are set to begin codeshare operations and provide customers with enhanced travel options between Scandinavia and the UAE.
The agreement, which is subject to regulatory approval, will strengthen both carriers by enabling them to offer greater connectivity to and from a number of key European cities. SAS is Etihad Airways’ 47th airline partnership globally and its 22nd in Europe. For SAS, Etihad is the 23rdcodeshare partner and the third with strong presence in the Middle East.
Both airlines will also develop and sign a Frequent Flyer agreement, which will benefit the members of Etihad Airways’ Etihad Guest and SAS’ EuroBonus loyalty programs.
Kevin Knight, Etihad Airways’ Chief Strategy Officer, said: “This codeshare agreement with SAS will improve flight connections to Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen, as well as a number of important secondary cities across Scandinavia, greatly enhancing travel options and connections for air travellers and deepening our ties with Europe and European carriers.”
“Partnerships like this one with SAS are central to Etihad Airways’ strategy and we look forward to placing the SK code on our flights to and from Abu Dhabi, and welcoming their passengers aboard our aircraft.”
The deal will see SAS place its SK code on Etihad Airways’ flights between Abu Dhabi and Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Rome, Milan, Zurich, Geneva and London Heathrow.
In turn, Etihad Airways will place its EY code on SAS-operated flights from these European destinations, excluding Brussels, onto SAS’ hubs in Copenhagen, Oslo, and Stockholm.
The EY code will also be placed on flights beyond Copenhagen to Billund and Ålesund; beyond Oslo to Ålesund, Kristiansand, Trondheim, and Stavanger; and beyond Stockholm to Umeå, Sundsvall, and Östersund.
Eivind Roald, SAS’ Executive Vice President & Chief Commercial Officer said: “We are very pleased to announce this new codeshare cooperation with Etihad Airways and look forward to increase traffic between Scandinavia and the Middle East.”
“Tourism and trade between our regions have increased over the years, and we are happy offer the benefits of both SAS and Etihad Airways to our travellers. From seven of SAS’ main European airports we can offer a high quality product with Etihad Airways to and from Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.”
“We also look forward to welcoming passengers from Etihad Airways onboard giving them the true and appreciated SAS experience delivered the Scandinavian way where we focus on making life easier for frequent travellers.”
Notes: The on-sale date for the codeshare is Monday 8 December 2014 and the first travel date is Monday 19 January 2015.
Other releases of publisher
Search from category
Newest of the category
- 20.06.2017 08:30Doing business in the EU? – The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to you as well
- 13.06.2017 15:08China Construction Bank rings bell to celebrate listing a 1.2 billion USD bond on Nasdaq Dubai
- 24.05.2017 15:01GE Oil & Gas awarded contract by Lucart for installation of new NovaLT12 Gas Turbine in Italy