- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Home » Releases » Business / economics » NBAD invites SMEs to attend a free workshop on Expo 2020 Dubai opportunities
NBAD invites SMEs to attend a free workshop on Expo 2020 Dubai opportunities
Published: 01-Mar-2017 01:21 pm
National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), in collaboration with CPI Business, are inviting small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to attend its next complimentary workshops dedicated to opportunities at Expo 2020 Dubai. With 20% of its budget - worth AED 5 billion - committed to SMEs, the Expo offers unique prospects for smaller companies.
The workshop is part of the NBAD’s SME Academy programme and the bank’s citizenship initiative, and is taking place between 26 February and 07 March in four emirates, including Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah and Ras al Khaimah.
During the first part, SME owners will get a chance to meet with the Expo team and learn from them directly how to tender competitively and understand the procurement process, as well as benefit from opportunities such as the recently launched Licensing & Merchandise Programme – which will offer 5,000 types of products to millions of Expo visitors.
During the second session of the workshop, Protiviti, one of the world’s top-10 consultancies, will provide attendees with practical tools to deliver on the Expo opportunities, looking at the keys to successful forecasting and at how to match the choice of competitive tenders with existing resources and ambitions.
Yousif Kruse, NBAD’s Executive Director – SME Segment, said: “SMEs have a critical role to play in the development of the UAE and supporting these businesses is central to NBAD’s business and citizenship strategy. We are extremely glad to offer SMEs a unique exposure to growth generators such as Expo 2020, and help them prepare for the tremendous business opportunities they provide.
Workshop sessions will take place on the following dates:
- 26 February 2017: Sharjah
- 28 February 2017: Ras al Khaimah
- 05 March 2017: Dubai
- 07 March 2017: Abu Dhabi
The NBAD SME Academy was launched in 2015 in the UAE to help small businesses address skills gaps and improve the bankability of their projects. The programme offers a cost-free series of skills-building workshops focused on practical training for revenue-generating businesses on the critical path to growth. Previous sessions have addressed topics such as how to be bankable, marketing techniques for SMEs, principles of accounting, how to prepare for VAT introduction in the UAE, customer services and pitching for finance.
For more information and to enrol for the workshop, please visit: