- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Home » Releases » Business / economics » Kodak's Packaging Summit highlights segment's growth and complexity
Kodak's Packaging Summit highlights segment's growth and complexity
Published: 18-Nov-2014 08:41 am
More than 50 of Latin America’s most respected experts, printers and brand owners attended Kodak’s first packaging summit in Miami, Fla. The event provided attendees with a new forum for professional enrichment, networking opportunities and insight into the growing complexity of the space.
Packaging has become an integrated marketing tool that gives brand owners direct access to end users and opportunities to build loyalty for decades to come. These benefits come with a variety of new challenges such as gathering rapid product feedback, complying with legislative oversight of customer tracking, and protecting the brand from counterfeiting. Kodak demonstrated how its products and services, such as KODAK PRINERGY Workflow and KODAK DESIGN2LAUNCH Solutions, provide unmatched levels of automation and ease-of-use that reduce complexity and the risk of recalls.
“Kodak is committed to being a leading partner driving the packaging industry forward,” said Doug Edwards, President, Digital Print and Enterprise and Senior Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company. “Kodak knows that in order to drive development of solutions forward, it is vital to understand the needs of the brands and the consumers. We constantly innovate and invigorate our packaging solutions to enable printers to address the needs of the brands in the most productive and profitable manner, while being environmentally responsible and practical.”
The Kodak Packaging Summit provided an open forum for brands to learn and discuss important issues such as:
- How to address costs through lower-weight packaging, reduced inventory, improved logistics, and printing process alternatives
- How to achieve faster rates of packaging renewal including promotions, seasonal versions and design renewals
- The exponential growth in new SKUs, the demand for reduced packaging development cycles, and the impact of globalization on quality and cost
- Innovative ways to connect with the end customers including greater regionalization for sports clubs or events, online games or internet activation to drive the users to their websites and allow greater data collection and longer-term connection to the end customers
“Thanks to Kodak, customers and brands were able to take advantage of the opportunity to share a very open and positive conversation,” said Gustavo Oviedo, Managing Director Latin America and Chief Customer Officer, Emerging Geographies and Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company. “The summit has raised awareness for attendees around Kodak’s Packaging solutions that go beyond the KODAK FLEXCEL NX System. Kodak is working to break down barriers and facilitate education and information flow, so we can learn more from each other and better understand the brand owner’s needs – not just for 2014, but for the next decade.”
In 2015, the Kodak Packaging summit will continue its momentum with key regional events. The shows will bring both printers and brands together to discuss issues and learn about Kodak’s broad range of packaging technologies and solutions.
Kodak is a technology company focused on imaging for business. We provide innovative hardware, software, consumables and services to customers in graphic communications, packaging and functional printing. We also serve entertainment and commercial films markets. With our world-class R&D organization and extensive product portfolio, Kodak is helping customers around the globe to grow their own businesses in a sustainable way. For additional information on Kodak, visit us at kodak.com, follow us on Twitter @Kodak, or like us on Facebook at KodakNow.