- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Home » Releases » Business / economics » GE Oil & Gas opens rapid response OEM aftermarket center in Jebel Ali
GE Oil & Gas opens rapid response OEM aftermarket center in Jebel Ali
Published: 12-May-2014 02:34 pm
Publisher: GE Oil & Gas
GE’s Measurement & Control business, a division of GE Oil & Gas, transformed the Jebel Ali facility into a dedicated OEM aftermarket center (AMC) to help customers manage valve maintenance and reduce unplanned downtime.
The AMC offers rapid response programs, including ValvFAST that enables GE to meet the emergency delivery requirements of customers. It is now fully equipped with a dedicated stock of valves, valve modules and spare parts for GE’s Masoneilan control valves and Consolidated pressure relief valves. The AMC also helps to provide stronger operational efficiency for customers in the Middle East and Africa region.
Rami Qasem, President and CEO, GE Oil & Gas, Middle East, North Africa and Turkey, said: “Further drawing on the central geographic location in Jebel Ali, the AMC has now upgraded its delivery system, in addition to strengthening its local manufacturing and enhanced stocking programs. The transformation of our Jebel Ali AMC underlines our commitment to provide seamless support to our customers, especially in the oil and gas, chemical, power, water and petrochemical industries by reducing their waiting periods for any urgent valve related requirements. This in turn contributes to greater efficiencies at work and supporting sustained productivity of the plants.”
The AMC was recently certified by American society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) for UV certification for manufacturing pressure relief valves, underlining its credentials as the first ASME UV certified manufacturing facility in the UAE and the second in the Middle East. The only other certified pressure relief valve manufacturing facility in the region is GE’s own joint venture, DARVICO in Saudi Arabia. The Jebel Ali AMC is also certified by the National Board of Boiler & Pressure Vessel Inspectors (NBBI) for VR certification for repair and field service of pressure relief valves. This makes it the only OEM facility in UAE to be VR certified for both shop and field repair activities.
GE Oil & Gas has a strong industry footprint across the Middle East region, and partners with leading oil and gas companies, petrochemical industries and power and water industry stakeholders. The UAE is a key market for GE Oil & Gas. GE Oil & Gas’ advanced technologies enable its customers to enhance the efficiency, reliability and productivity of their operations.
For more information, please contact:
GE Oil & Gas
+9714 899 1764
GE Communications Leader, North Africa
Kelly Home/ Mohammed Al Tawil
+9714 4507 600
Other releases of publisher
- 19.06.2017 14:23Yanbu Technical Institute joins hands with GE Oil & Gas to strengthen technical skills of Saudi youth
- 03.05.2017 09:47GE Healthcare Receives FDA Indication Approval for Visipaque™ (iodixanol) Injection for use with coronary CT angiography
- 12.04.2017 14:28GE & HEI Fire Up & Synchronize Second HA Gas Turbine at Bhikki Power Plant