- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Home » Releases » Business / economics » FAB named ‘Best Bank in the UAE’ at 2017 Banker Middle East Industry Awards
FAB named ‘Best Bank in the UAE’ at 2017 Banker Middle East Industry Awards
Published: 22-May-2017 11:08 am
- NBAD Securities wins ‘Best Brokerage Company’ award for the second consecutive year
- Dubai First named ‘Best Consumer Finance Company’ for the third year in a row
First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB), the UAE’s largest bank and one of the world’s largest financial institutions, has been named ‘Best Bank in the UAE’ at the 2017 Banker Middle East Industry Awards. The bank’s subsidiary, NBAD Securities, also won the ‘Best Brokerage Company’ award for the second year in a row and Dubai First was named ‘Best Consumer Finance Company’ in the region for the third year in a row. Bank representatives received the awards at a ceremony which recently took place at the Emirates Towers Hotel in Dubai.
Launched in 1999, the Banker Middle East Industry Awards are organised by CPI Financial and celebrate the best and brightest of the banking and financial services sector in the Middle East. This year, nominees included over 200 financial institutions from across the region. The Best Bank in the UAE award is based on the annual BME 100 ranking of top-performing financial institutions in the Middle East, developed using published financial metrics, including net profit, assets, liabilities, income, return on assets and return on equity.
These awards reflect the bank’s solid financial strength and brokerage expertise. To be named the UAE’s leading bank, in addition to now being it’s largest, demonstrates that the bank is well positioned in its on-going journey to empower all of its stakeholders, to grow stronger.
The Banker Middle East Industry Awards cover a variety of financial services including retail, corporate, investment, private banking, asset management, fund management, finance companies and consultancy practices.
The awards are judged through a combination of votes from registered readers of Banker Middle East, Islamic Business & Finance, FinanceME, WEALTH Arabia and users of www.cpifinancial.net, as well as an in-depth analysis of financial statements.