- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Home » Releases » Business / economics » Etihad Airways named Airline of the year at Arabian business achievement awards 2014
Etihad Airways named Airline of the year at Arabian business achievement awards 2014
Published: 08-Nov-2014 02:03 pm
Publisher: Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has been named ‘Airline of the Year’ at the Arabian Business Achievement Awards 2014 in recognition of its outstanding performance, customer service levels and innovative developments over the past 12 months.
The prestigious award was presented during a gala reception at the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel in Dubai last night, attended by over 400 business leaders from across the Middle East region.
An independent panel of judges was impressed by Etihad Airways’ key achievements over the course of this year, from the continued development of its global route network, aircraft fleet, airport lounges and contact centres, to the introduction of customer-centric onboard innovations, such as a recently launched sleep program and limited edition amenity kits.
Etihad Airways was also praised for the recent unveiling of its acclaimed ‘Facets of Abu Dhabi’ livery and the launch of its next generation onboard products, including The Residence, First Apartment, First Suite, Business Studio and Economy Smart Seat, which will debut on the airline’s first Airbus A380 and Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft in December 2014.
James Hogan, President and Chief Executive Officer of Etihad Airways, said: “We are delighted to be named ‘Airline of the Year’ for the third time at the Arabian Business Achievement Awards. Etihad Airways has continued to outperform the global market with its passenger and cargo operations in 2014 and we remain on track to achieve our strongest ever annual results.
“Importantly, with the unveiling of the new Etihad Aviation Group structure and Etihad Partners program earlier this year, we are also laying the foundation for the next stage in the airline’s evolution. The momentum will continue with the imminent launch of our Airbus A380 and Boeing 787-Dreamliner operations and the rollout of our new onboard product offering and livery.”
Walid Akawi, Chief Executive Officer of ITP Publishing, organiser of the Arabian Business Achievement Awards, said: “Etihad Airways has experienced a truly exceptional year. Its strategy of organic growth, codeshare partnerships and minority equity stakes in other carriers has continued to yield positive results and helped the airline to grow into a truly global player.
“In addition, its new Airbus A380 and Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner interiors have set a new benchmark in global aviation, and throughout all this, Etihad Airways has maintained exceptionally high levels of customer service. It was deemed a clear winner in what is traditionally the most hotly contested category at the Arabian Business Achievement Awards.”
Other releases of publisher
Search from category
Newest of the category
- 20.06.2017 08:30Doing business in the EU? – The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to you as well
- 13.06.2017 15:08China Construction Bank rings bell to celebrate listing a 1.2 billion USD bond on Nasdaq Dubai
- 24.05.2017 15:01GE Oil & Gas awarded contract by Lucart for installation of new NovaLT12 Gas Turbine in Italy