- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Home » Releases » Business / economics » Color Therapy, a campaign devised by Cheil Worldwide, was presented in Dubai at the opening of the International Symposium on Electronic Art
Color Therapy, a campaign devised by Cheil Worldwide, was presented in Dubai at the opening of the International Symposium on Electronic Art
Published: 02-Oct-2014 12:07 pm
Publisher: Cheil Worldwide
The performance involved about 50 volunteering participants in an orchestrated gathering whose electronically choreographed umbrellas responded to the ‘emotion-color’ of passers-by and tied into the video installation on the large scale screen. To put simply, when a passer-by entered his or her emotion into the Galaxy Tab S, it was immediately visualized on the giant screen and the umbrellas.
Ms. Heesun Kim, Vice President of Samsung Electronics, HQ said: “Through this performance, people can feel the connection and experience the way that Samsung provides consumers with the optimal visual experience through the Galaxy Tab S. In addition, what makes the performance meaningful is that it goes beyond product promotion. By combining latest technology and art, it communicates with people, delivering and reading their emotions.”
Anis Zantout, Regional Digital Director of Cheil MENA added: “As one of the leading marketing solutions companies, Cheil has been at the forefront of integrating data, such as location, proximity, part of the day, context (from weather to the day of the week) with out-of-home advertising and activations to provide real-time creative solutions for passersby. The performance provokes an emotional response tied with a strong perception shift for Samsung around being personal and innovative."
The Color Therapy campaign was originally designed for the global launching of Samsung Galaxy Tab S across 6 major cities, including New York, Milan and Singapore. Cheil and Samsung created customized graphics to represent each city’s unique character and vibe; the display in New York, for example, represented the busy flow of the city, counterbalancing the temperature and humidity. The campaign in London was accompanied by an “umbrella performance”, which was re-played at the ISEA in Dubai, to reflect the Britishness of weather - raindrops hitting the ground.
The gadget has been hailed for its premium design with thinness and lighter weight. Its Super AMOLED, in particular, reproduces colors that match up to more than 90% of nature’s true palette, enabling users to enjoy videos, pictures, and other various contents in their true colors. Therefore it is the best matched product for the performance making human emotions come to life.
ISEA is a leading platform for new media and interactive and creative arts. The overarching theme of ISEA2014 ‘Location’ explores strands such as Technology, Science & Art East Meets West, Emerging Economies/Emerging Identities, Nomadic Shifts and Digital Archaeology and Collaborative Spaces.
About Cheil Worldwide
Cheil Worldwide Inc. is South Korea’s largest and one of the leading global marketing solutions companies. Cheil's creativity is world renowned, as the network is highly awarded by international festivals including Cannes Lions, CLIO, Spikes Asia, Dubai Lynx, AdFest, Effie Awards and China International Advertising Festival. The network enjoyed a stellar performance at the 2013 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, winning 21 Lions including the Innovation Grand Prix, Titanium and four Golds. Discover more at www.cheil.com
Other releases of publisher
Search from category
Newest of the category
- 04.07.2017 16:08Quick Manage announces the launching of pareegul.com in August 2017
- 20.06.2017 08:30Doing business in the EU? – The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to you as well
- 13.06.2017 15:08China Construction Bank rings bell to celebrate listing a 1.2 billion USD bond on Nasdaq Dubai