- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
Home » Releases » Business / economics » Ciena and Avaya Team Up to Reduce Enterprise Network Complexity and Costs
Ciena and Avaya Team Up to Reduce Enterprise Network Complexity and Costs
Published: 23-Nov-2014 10:52 am
Publisher: Avaya Inc.
HANOVER, Md. and SANTA CLARA, Calif. – Ciena® (NYSE: CIEN) and Avaya are introducing an end-to-end WAN-LAN data networking solution to cost-effectively simplify network operations for enterprises while increasing control when delivering on-demand services. Combining the intelligence and simplicity of Avaya Fabric Connect technology with the programmability and scalability of Ciena’sconverged packet optical and packet networking platforms, the solution provides enterprises of all sizes with a flexible architecture that can be managed dynamically as their needs evolve. It delivers the flexibility to easily migrate to new service delivery models such as hybrid cloud and data center footprint consolidation, as well as simplifying the inclusion of new network locations. The solution supports government, healthcare, and large enterprise customers’ growing use of real-time applications such as Unified Communications, business video, and Wi-Fi-enabled mobility.
- The integrated offering allows businesses to fully virtualize the network and reap the benefits of a unified infrastructure. Empowering multi-service virtualization helps businesses to securely converge mission-specific applications, and provide each with customized connectivity and network functionality. This is achieved through the combination of:
- Ciena’s packet networking and E-Suite solutions, all delivered on a programmable platform, provide the foundational WAN element; and,
- Avaya’s Fabric Connect technology – enabling a simple, yet sophisticated, Ethernet and IP service delivery layer with embedded intelligence to leverage the flexibility and capacity of the underlying transport service.
- With this solution, network operators have increased visibility and control of their networks through with the integrated intelligence and programmability of the Ciena and Avaya platforms. Specifically, it provides fault awareness end-to-end across the network and supports orchestration via third-party dashboards.
- For example, an educational institution can offer separate virtualized networks for students, faculty, business operations, financial transactions, and public safety CCTV. The new solution will allow the institution to converge multiple services and seamlessly transport them across the WAN, thereby reducing the overall cost and complexity of the network architecture.
- Available today, the solution is supported by Ciena and Avaya and offered through mutual channel partners Ronco Communications and Integration Partners.
“At Ciena, we leverage our strategic alliances to create an ecosystem of integrated solutions to fully optimize new and existing channels to market. With the combined strength of Ciena and Avaya, we have created an integrated IT networking solution that delivers a more agile and responsive network, resulting in improved business productivity and continuity for today’s enterprises.”
- Ian Harris, Chief Technology Officer of Alliances at Ciena
“Today’s enterprises have the challenge of meeting exponential and unpredictable bandwidth growth, while staying within their budgets. Through our collaboration with Ciena, we have developed a solution to help our enterprise customers address this issue by enabling them to seamlessly turn-up or turn-down new services without any impact to end-users. ”
- Mark Randall, Senior Vice President and General Manager at Avaya
Avaya is a leading provider of solutions that enable customer and team engagement across multiple channels and devices for better customer experience, increased productivity and enhanced financial performance. Its world-class contact center and unified communications technologies and services are available in a wide variety of flexible on-premises and cloud deployment options that seamlessly integrate with non-Avaya applications. The Avaya Engagement Development Platform enables third parties to create and customize business applications for competitive advantage. Avaya’s fabric-based networking solutions help simplify and accelerate the deployment of business critical applications and services. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Other releases of publisher
Search from category
Newest of the category
- 20.06.2017 08:30Doing business in the EU? – The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to you as well
- 13.06.2017 15:08China Construction Bank rings bell to celebrate listing a 1.2 billion USD bond on Nasdaq Dubai
- 24.05.2017 15:01GE Oil & Gas awarded contract by Lucart for installation of new NovaLT12 Gas Turbine in Italy