- Advertising Aerospace Agriculture Animals/Pets Automotive Biotech Boating Business / economics Chemistry Cities and provinces Comics Computer hardware Computers Construction Countryside Culture and art
- Decoration Education Electronics Energy Engineering Environment and nature Family Finance Food and Beverages Forest and Wood Gardening Government Handicraft Homeland Insurance International
- Legal Leisure Lifestyle Logistics Manufacturing Marketing Media Medical Metal industry and Metallurgy Military Music and Entertainment Non-profit Paper industry Photography Politics Publishing
- Real estate Religion Retail Science Security Site News Social services Software Sport / leisure Sports Telecommunications Topstory Tourism Working life
EUROPE’S FINEST HORSES TRAVEL IN COMFORT TO EPPLEY
Published: 30-Mar-2017 03:16 pm
Publisher: Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways Cargo flew 50 horses on board its Boeing 777 freighter to Omaha, Nebraska
The cargo carrier’s QR Live service offers world-class live animal transport
DOHA, Qatar – Fifty of the finest European equine guests were treated with exceptional care and attention as they were transported to Eppley Airfield in Omaha, Nebraska, where the world’s best riders and horses will compete at the Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping and FEI World Cup™ Dressage Finals from 29 March to 2 April. Qatar Airways Cargo provided the utmost care and ensured the safety and comfort of the horses throughout their journey from Amsterdam to Omaha.
The 50 horses on board the cargo carrier’s Boeing 777 freighter received world-class treatment and expert handling. Each horse stall on the freighter was loaded with two horses, with a total of 11 grooms accompanying the equine guests. The freighter also carried 20 tonnes of equine equipment. On board the aircraft, an ambient temperature of 12 – 15 degrees celsius in the cargo bay during the flight ensured a comfortable journey for the horses travelling in their horse stalls. The cargo carrier will also fly the equine superstars back to Amsterdam after the FEI World Cup™ Finals.
Mr. Ulrich Ogiermann, Chief Officer Cargo at Qatar Airways said, “Qatar Airways Cargo accomplished another successful equine charter this month. We place great emphasis on care and safety in live animal transportation, particularly horses which require specialist service and well-trained staff. We offer personalised solutions, high quality operations and an excellent record of on-time delivery, making us the premier carrier of live animals.”
Mr. Edwin Hofstede, Director at ECS Livestock B.V, the cargo carrier’s customer said, “Transporting these world-class horses globally is always challenging and involves proper coordination between all parties involved. The successful charter is testament to Qatar Airways Cargo’s wealth of experience in transporting star-performing horses around the world.”
Qatar Airways Cargo has seen a recent upsurge in the transportation of live animals, especially horses. In 2016-17, the cargo carrier transported over 2300 horses, a 10 per cent increase over 2015-16. Qatar Airways Cargo transports a variety of animals in accordance with International Air Transport Association (IATA) Live Animal Regulations. Horses are transported primarily between the Middle East and Europe, and between Europe and the USA.
QR Charter service offers quality, reliable and cost-effective global charter solutions through the cargo carrier’s young and modern fleet of freighters. Qatar Airways Cargo recently received its twelfth Boeing 777 freighter, offering increased capacity and flexibility to customers as well as access to any major air freight market across the world.
The cargo carrier will receive another Boeing 777 freighter later this year, increasing its freighter fleet to a total of 22 aircraft by the end of 2017. Qatar Airways Cargo was also awarded the Global Cargo Airline of the Year award at one of the leading air freight industry exhibitions, Air Cargo Africa in February this year.
Notes to editors:
For images please visit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/qatarairways/albums/72157681868124086
About Qatar Airways Cargo
Qatar Airways Cargo, the world’s third largest international cargo carrier, serves more than 50 dedicated freighter destinations worldwide via its world-class Doha hub and also delivers freight to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations globally with 195 aircraft. The Qatar Airways Cargo fleet now includes eight Airbus A330 freighters, 12 Boeing 777 freighters and one Boeing 747 freighter.
For more information, visit our homepage qrcargo.com or LinkedIn
Qatar Airways Group, Corporate Communications Department
Tel: +974 40222200, Fax: +974 40225350
Other releases of publisher
Search from category
Newest of the category
- 15.05.2017 13:36QATAR AIRWAYS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETES ITS ANNUAL EMERGENCY EXERCISE
- 08.05.2017 11:07QATAR DUTY FREE OPENS TWO NEW RESTAURANTS IN HAMAD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- 03.05.2017 09:47GE Healthcare Receives FDA Indication Approval for Visipaque™ (iodixanol) Injection for use with coronary CT angiography